Monday, August 4, 2008

Why not do it now?

There's been a change in work attitude with most, they don't answer emails right away or return phone calls. This quickly leads to things being forgotten and follow-up never happens. I like to do everything right away, this might sound strange BUT if I don't I know there's a very high chance it won't get done at all. We were working on a couple of prospects and one of them would email and ask if we could have a phone meeting 3 weeks from that date. I replied immediately in my usual fashion and said sure we could, I said I could also do it the same day! The proposed week for this phone meeting came and went and a week after the week when the meeting was supposed to be held I got a new email suggesting a date 3 weeks into the future for this 10-minute phone meeting. What's with these people, are they that important or what is it? This time the meeting did happen and it took 10 minutes. I followed up immediately with an email and got a response 2 months later. No kidding! When I read in the paper that this (very large) company was losing a lot of money I was not surprised at all after my experience of their incredible inefficiency.

The world moves pretty fast and in my opinion these "important" people will not be able to keep up.

Do it right away, you never know when tables are turned.

No comments:

DIGG