Monday, July 21, 2008

iPhone - what's missing?

Got the latest iPhone and yes, it is better with 3G. I still do not like the fact that these phones are locked so I cannot use other SIM-cards but that should go away next year.

So, what's missing?

Why can not somebody make a cell phone that becomes a complete mobile device that contains every function one use other remotes or methods to transfer data? Here's what I'd like to see my ONE device be able to do:

Phone
Remote for any electric device (from my TV to garage door)
Credit/Debit card - this way a code must be punshed with every purchase (there goes a lot of the fraud in the garbage)
Vital data (Drivers Licence, Health info etc etc)
Frequent Flyer cards
Internet/Browser
TWO SIM slots

I basically want one device that contains everything in my wallet, acts as a phone and a PC and replaces any other remote device.
Security will be important so it needs to have information be protected and also store vital information online somewhere for retrieval.

The iPhone is as close as what I've seen and the technology to do everything on my whish-list is already there. I would think especially banks would love to drop the physical credit card and replace it with the one stored in my cell that requires a code on every purchase.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Well I think Mr. Heggenhougen makes great sense! Maybe iPhone will catch wind of this idea, or maybe Mr. H should just submit.

Thank you for blogs, as they are all SO TRUE! Please continue sharing your ideas...they are inspiring to those of us with a brain!

DIGG